But not a quite a false start.
So last week was the dry run of the all-new Weekly Workbook series (replacing the lapsed one of old), where I basically hold myself personally accountable for the past week’s work, or lack thereof. Perhaps it can inspire you to do the same or something similar if you need to. I haven’t filed a proper Workbook entry in a few months and with all things being in the spirit of refreshing/renewal, it’s something I need to start doing here again, if I do anything here at all. The first week of the year was not a great one, so here we go . . .
Last Week’s Listed Objectives
- Find gainful employment – ONGOING. But there did occur a very good and encouraging interview late last week that has me quite optimistic. Just have to endure the waiting game while the hunt continues in the meantime.
- Organize (and individually code-name) my list of projects – COMPLETED.
- Write updated descriptions of all projects (to better pitch to collaborators) – INCOMPLETE. I did set myself up for failure on this one, as it is quite the task given the number of projects on my docket. Instead I should isolate it to the ones speaking loudest to me at the moment.
- Reconfigure the Projects page – INCOMPLETE. Due to the above.
- Commence production on sample pages – INCOMPLETE. Like item number three above, which this hinges upon, I need to recalibrate this task to something more manageable.
- Create the perfect name for PROJECT ANTI-MEDIA’s protagonist/heroine – COMPLETED.
- Join Deviant Art – COMPLETED. I finally created an account/profile for myself. This has been a very long time coming having been a longtime lurker there. However, although I’m a huge art junkie, my main purpose for establishing a presence there is to forge relationships with artists, the kind whom I hope to convert into
prospectiveactual collaborators. LINKAGE: http://saintruckus.deviantart.com/
- ‘Reactivate Twitter’ – COMPLETED. With my decreased presence on Facebook I decided to ‘reactivate’ my Twitter accounts. I like to stay connected but I just don’t need to spend inordinate amounts of time in social media. Twitter, with its inherent extremely transient nature, is perfect for me right now — get in & get out, quickly. Thing is a specific circle of my friends, the ones I geek out with daily, are not as active on Twitter as they once were since we migrated to FB. That actually may not be a bad thing, all things considered, as I don’t really need the distraction anyway. LINKAGE: @RuckinWithYou / @RuckerWrites
This Week’s Objectives
- Continue to pound the proverbial pavement.
- Continue creating and naming characters.
- As scenes or passages of prose arrive in my mind, write them out.
- Pursue any micorfiction urges, let them flow uninhibited.
- Write project descriptions, focusing on the seven that are speaking loudest.
- Loosely outline/update the plots for PROJECT MACABRE, PROJECT BLOOD-BORNE and PROJECT GUNPLAY.
- Continue to develop the concepts of PROJECT ARCANA, PROJECT ETHEREAL, PROJECT ANTI-MEDIA and PROJECT COMEBACK.
- Work on rebuilding both the About Me and Project pages on the main blog.
- Update the Ruckerpedia site with more content from the Vault.
- Update the CBF site’s side bar info.
- Resist the urge to play guitar . . . or . . .
- Give in to the urge to play guitar. Or bass.
- Try to publish Weekly Workbook 2 on its proper day of Sunday.
Last week’s transmissions . . .